Monday, October 20, 2008

Autumn at the Arboretum

This past Friday Dave took the day off for a little family outing to the Dallas Arboretum. It was so much fun walking along the trails and looking at all the autumn flowers and decorations! I put all the best pictures in my Picasa album, http://picasaweb.google.com/natalie.meyer1/Makenzie?authkey=kgsAK872RC4.

Makenzie and I are headed to Emory tomorrow to visit my mom so I need to get packing. I will upload more pictures when we get back! Have a great week.

Oh, you'll notice a lot of pictures of butterflies. I asked Dave to get some good shots (he's better with close-up pictures than me) because for me butterflies are Madeline saying hello. I have many instances but here are a couple: when I thought I was pregnant with Makenzie but didn't dare take a pregnancy test in fear of it being negative (like the first one was) because of the disappointment and tears it caused, Dave and I were driving to Emory and I said to Madeline (in my head not out loud) "please tell Mommy if she should take a pregnancy test" and a yellow butterfly fluttered right in front of the truck. Then I asked again to make sure it wasn't just coincidental and it happened again and then AGAIN. I took the test when we returned home and it was positive! When we were at the Arboretum, Dave was taking a picture of the butterflies and I was standing next to him holding Makenzie and a butterfly flew out of the salvia and fluttered in a tight circle around the three of us. So great!