Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Fair Please

A few weekends ago Makenzie and I went to the Rains County Fair with my mom. The parade goes right in front of the house, so we didn't have to go far to see that! Makenzie loved it and she got more than enough candy, most of which will be regifted to our trick or treaters.

Here she is with the goods. She had the most fun transferring the candy from the front of her stroller to the basket in the back and she was really unhappy when we emptied it out so she could sit in her stroller. Onto the fairgrounds!



Here she is mooing at the cow. He was not amused.



Most of you probably are aware that I don't like animals much, especially farm animals. They smell and their fur is coarse. I don't see the point in wanting to touch them. Makenzie does not take after me in this respect. Thank goodness I had hand sanitizer with me.

Here's a video of her feeding the sheep wood chips from the bottom of his cage. Makenzie also called him Jackson, because sometimes every animal is Jackson (my mom & Art's dog).



Makenzie also really liked the pigs. She can't say pig, but she will tell you what a pig says. It's the same noise she makes when you pretend like you're falling asleep, because Dave taught her to snore. I was thrilled to see her touch the pig snout.



Our neighbors get rid of a ton of junk every single trash day (twice a week). We have no idea where this stuff comes from, but we can be certain that the night before trash day, there is a pile of stuff by their driveway. It drives me crazy because a lot of it could be donated. Anyway, one time they put out a bunch of kid toys. My mom happened to be visiting and decided to take the Cozy Coupe to her house for Makenzie to play with when she visits. It's not in mint condition, but she LOVES it. While Dave and I were in Cozumel, Makenzie washed her car. She's also recently started prancing around wearing hats like the one in the picture. This was her Easter hat. She doesn't normally run around in only a onesie, but when we're in the country, anything goes! She looks especially ashy because my mom rubs baby powder all over her limbs to keep the mosquitoes away . . . it works!



Today Makenzie wore horribly fitting pants. Too short and too wide. Since we didn't have anywhere important to go and she was comfortable, I let her keep them on. It was pretty funny when I pulled them up all the way. Steve Urkel anyone?! This picture just makes me laugh!



Makenzie also ate dirt today. She was digging in that dirt behind her and stuck her hand in her mouth. When she realized something was amiss, she stuck her other dirt infested hand in her mouth to fish it out, and that began the whole dirty cycle. It looked really gross but she didn't seem to mind much.

Makenzie has a new word almost daily. She's working on please and thank you. She has please down and it's super cute when she says "pease" when she wants a cookie or cracker. If that doesn't melt your heart, I don't know what would!