Brinley's first pumpkin patch:
Makenzie's first pumpkin patch:
I know most of you probably think they look so much alike because I hear it all the time, but I don't see it. I'm not sure why I don't see what everyone else does! When I fast forward 20 years, I picture Makenzie as the blonde haired jokester and Brinley as the dark haired, serious one.
More pumpkin patch pictures. We went twice. The first time was on a rainy Saturday morning and I felt really bad when just a few minutes after arriving, dark clouds started rolling in. I had been talking up the pumpkin patch to Makenzie for a couple of days and she was very excited for a hayride, train ride, bounce house, etc. She didn't get to do any of that on Saturday. We quickly took pictures, then left. I promised Makenzie I would take her back later that week!
Here are the girls with our jack o lanterns.
HALLOWEEN!! My batarina and bumble bee.
Brinley is a super smiley baby! My favorite thing to do this week is to smother her chubby cheeks in little bitty kisses and listen to her laugh until it hurts. I love spending time with both the girls, but I also treasure my time alone with each. Brinley and I snuggle and laugh with each other and then she just falls asleep. Oh, the joys of being an infant! Doesn't this picture make you want to just scoop her up and take in all that is great about holding a baby in your arms?!
And then there's Makenzie. My queen of all that is sassy. She can apply lipstick (liss kick) and lip gloss (liss gloss) with the precision of a grown woman, demonstrate how to use every piece of a manicure kit, tell you she wants to wear high-knee (or sometimes, knee-high) socks, and when trying on shoes, will prance up and down the aisles like you wouldn't believe. When she spots a shoe department, her shoes are off faster than you can say "Makenzie, we aren't shoe shopping right now".
I was showing Makenzie these halloween pictures today and she was laughing at herself and these poses. So, naturally, I have to post them all (at least all of the ones with the dramatic arms)!
I managed to get some pictures of her in the wagon before she decided she would rather walk while trick or treating. When she was finished for the night, we got home and she needed to tinkle so there she sat on the potty in only her bat ears, gloves, and a lollipop!