Madeline turned 4 on the 28th. Here's Makenzie with her balloons. She let them go this year. She knows Madeline's her big sister and she knows the balloons and cupcakes were for her birthday. She will say, "Madeline is my big sister". I came to the realization (again) in church that morning that I can ask God to make sure she has everything she needs, and I know she must, she's in heaven. But wait . . . she doesn't have US. She doesn't have everything she needs. As much as we miss her, she misses us. Especially on her birthday. It was an almost perfect day, though. Only one thing could have made it THE perfect day!
Brinley turned 6 months old on the 20th. Excuse me, where is my new, teeny tiny baby?! I now have an infant, and there's a difference. Could I already have baby fever?! Because when I saw that sweet baby wrapped up in pink in the hospital on Private Practice tonight, I wanted her. Actually, what I really wanted was to go wake up Brinley so I could just hold her, but I didn't. I now have an almost-sitting, trying to crawl, four teeth in, working on number five, 6 month old. She smiles when she sees Makenzie, me, and most of all, her dad.
I'll close with tonight's Makenzieism. I just made up a word. We were hanging out in her room. Dave asked me if I punched or kicked him while he was sleeping because his back hurt. My answer was no, but I can't be completely sure. I jokingly told him, "maybe it's your kidneys". He's telling me how it's not his kidneys, it's some kind of pulled muscle, etc. Makenzie then says, as she's holding her back, "ow, my kittens hurt".
I love these girls and I can't WAIT to hear all the fun things they have to say in the coming years!
I love these girls and I can't WAIT to hear all the fun things they have to say in the coming years!