Dave was off the last week of 2010. We considered a road trip to either Minnesota or Colorado, but in the end, decided to just stay home! The week went by way too fast, but not before we got in some quality Mickey Mouse Clubhouse watching, all snuggled up in our bed, followed by pancakes in our pajamas, ending with a whole lot of relaxation and down time.
We did visit one of Makenzie's favorite new places to play, The Ark. Here's a couple of the pictures of the girls there. You can tell Makenzie played hard by her messy hair!
Here's a picture of Brinley in her Christmas dress.
Makenzie in her dress. Okay, I don't have one of them together in their dresses because Brinley was sleeping while I took some of Makenzie. I planned on taking more when Brinley woke up. But, not only was Makenzie complaning about her itchy tights, she then peed in her dress right after I took these. She's potty trained, but if she's busy and forgets to go, she then gets in an emergency situation and she just couldn't get out of her tights fast enough!
Makenzie left cookies and milk for Santa, and an apple for the reindeer. I forgot to buy carrots, but I think reindeer would like apples better anyway! I was a little sad about Santa eating these cookies because they were so beautifully decorated by my sweet girl.
Brinley was mostly interested in eating the wrapping paper. This was Christmas Eve.
I like this picture because it's a great example of the current phase Makenzie is going through. One that I hope ends soon. I would call it Makenzie's plea for attention, but she gets enough attention. So, I'm going to call it jealousy and/or bossiness. All of that translates to Makenzie doing not-so-nice things to her sister, followed by plenty of time-outs and us taking away favorite toys for the day. Back to the picture . . . Makenzie is opening a gift to both of them from my brother and Brinley wants the paper to eat, so Makenzie is blowing the paper out of her reach.
Eating more paper.
With my favorite women, in front of a field of reindeer (although you can't see them AND Dave says they aren't reindeer)!
Ms. Serious making cookies.
Brinley's 7-month gift was a couple of days as an only child! Makenzie spent time with my mom and sister in Emory. It reminded me of how different it is to have just one baby in the house. I got to clean! Here are a few pictures, because I couldn't choose just one. Brinley was particularly smiley this day!
My happy baby with Santa. I love this picture! I can't get enough of Brinley. She loves her family and when she sees us, just smiles huge and has to touch our faces. She waves to Dave, (but we are probably the only ones that would recognize it as a wave)! She's teething right now, working on #6, which is causing her a lot of pain. For the past week or so, she wakes up once in the middle of the night. She just needs a little snuggle and rocking to get back to sleep, and as tired as I am when she gets up, nothing compares to cradling a sweet, clingy, sleeping baby.
One of the only pictures of Makenzie smiling with Santa. She probably was so worried that he knew she wasn't always nice!
Lastly, me and my girls in the prayer garden at my aunt & uncle's church where they dedicated a brick to Madeline. Makenzie wasn't being super cooperative, but pictures of me with the girls are rare, so I'll take what I can get!