Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Loves

Things I'm loving right now:

When Makenzie feeds Brinley. It's not clean, but it keeps them busy!


Of course, Makenzie has to feed herself a bite every once in a while!


Sunny January days! Last week, Makenzie and I played catch outside with her new pink glove and baseballs that I forgot to wrap for Christmas.


Then she put on a bike show for me. I had to stand in a VERY specific spot (per her instructions), and watch while she rode her bike around me. The highlight of the show was when she went up and down "the hill". The hill, as she calls it, is the very, very slight incline leading up to our front door.

Next, Makenzie told me she wanted us to play Lady Shop. I'd never heard of this game and thought maybe it was beauty shop. Wrong. It's basically grocery store. I was the shopper, she was the cashier. One of the big rocks in our front yard was her checkout line. I had to push my imaginary cart through the store. At first I picked up bread and milk, but the bossy cashier told me I needed more things. So, I had to go back and pick up a few more items. Then, and only then, was I allowed to go to her line! I wonder how this looked to our neighbors.

Brinley's newest hobby is taking off her shirt. Onesies are especially easy for her to take off, she just slides it down over her arms. One day when I went to get her from a nap, all her clothes were around her ankles and she was as happy as could be. This morning she was walking around with one arm out of her footie pajamas. (It hasn't occurred to her that she can unsnap and unzip it for really quick undressing.)


Hockey! I don't know why this picture turned out so small. It's Makenzie and Brinley with their cousin Cassie at Brandon's hockey game. We had so much fun. Makenzie especially liked yelling, "go Brandon!"


Makenzie used to call herself Sassy. It's much easier to say than Makenzie. If that wasn't cute enough, now Brinley sometimes calls her that. The best was when Makenzie and I played catch in the basement and when Makenzie would catch the ball (and even when she didn't), Brinley would clap and say, "yay Sassy!" The best cheerleader Makenzie will ever have!

Brinley still sometimes tells us, "Santa came", and lately really likes Caillou. She can say his name really well. She also likes to rock her babies. A couple of nights ago after her bath, she went in her room, closed the door (which means she unknowingly locked herself in her room since she can't open doors yet), and I found her rocking her baby singing, "Mommy buy you." I sing Hush Little Baby to her every night.

We still haven't had typical winter Minnesota weather and I'm grateful for that. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind a big snowstorm at some point.