Thursday, May 23, 2013

Makenzie's Recital

Here are the much requested recital videos!  My baby is a star!

I can see how quickly one could go from being a normal mom to the stereotypical "dance mom" because I was so nervous for Makenzie the first night and felt a little crazy the second night when her dance teachers lined her up in the wrong spot.  I guess all those little girls in buns look the same!

Here is her tap dance to Cookie Monster's 'Share It Maybe'.  She normally would be on the left side, so she is a little more lost than usual because the girls she had been dancing next to all season were no longer in front of her.  It's also why she runs across the stage for her cookie (and gets run into by another girl) because ALL season she was told that was where to go.  See . . . here comes the dance mom part, I think.

http://youtu.be/CHlSM7FZOio

And here's her ballet.  She is third from the left and is hidden in the beginning.  But, stick with it because she will switch to the front for a short while and when she switches back (to the back), all the little ballerinas go to their correct spots, so you can see her better.  I was hoping for that perfect arabesque while she was in the front row, but she does a really good one towards the end.  So, watch closely!

Sidenote:  Friday night during this dance she did a perfect arabesque while she was in front, and looked right at me in the audience.  It was one of my favorite mom moments because I told her that if she does nothing else, to please do that move because it makes me cry happy tears.

http://youtu.be/TApz_4UtEkw