Thursday, July 11, 2013

Flowers and Popsicles

I love when babies sleep this way.  It makes me want to pick them up and snuggle, but I don't wake a sleeping baby unless I have to.


It's fun to watch the girls get excited about gardening.  I use that term very loosely as I am not at all what I would call a gardener, but I'm learning (and I got a great palette to work with when we bought this house)!

I never liked rosebushes very much even though they are pretty when they bloom.  This pink flower looked perfect this morning.


I really like this huge lily.  On a sidenote:  Brinley HATES taking pictures when she's looking into the sun.  And really . . . who does?  But she hasn't learned just to squint her eyes and smile so I can get the picture I want so we can move onto playing.  Instead we endure a few minutes of her whining and me pleading for a smile.  All while Makenzie just stands in place smiling.  (Or maybe she didn't move because she was worried about stepping on our baby elephant ears and caladiums!)


From the other side.  The sun was behind them so Brinley could smile.


Makenzie likes to keep watch over the leaves unfolding.


Brinley would rather paint her toenails.  You wouldn't know she concentrated so hard by looking at the end result.


Writing about taking pictures in the sun reminded me of this picture of their first popsicles of the year.  Brinley was so mad about the sun and it's one of my favorites.  It reminds me of the Friends episode with, "my eyes, my eyes!"