Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Sixth Ultrasound

We had our sixth ultrasound on February 15th at 25 weeks gestation. I know ultrasound photos are hard to 'decode' but now that the baby is getting bigger I figured it wouldn't be as crazy to post one of them. I think it's very easy to see her waving in this picture! The doctor told us that she weighs 2.5 pounds and is in the 70th percentile. Dave and the doctor bonded over some Minnesota Vikings talk, which probably moved the doctor up a few notches on Dave's scale of trust. Towards the end of the ultrasound the baby stretched out one of her legs all the way! It was so neat the see the entire leg stretched out; not only because I've never seen that but because her big sister LOVED to stretch out her legs so it was as if she was saying, "Madeline, look what I can do in here". We didn't get a picture of the leg stretch but the ultrasound technician measured it from hip to toe and it was a whopping 5 1/2 centimeters! I can just say I am very glad she has recently switched positions so that those 5 1/2 centimeters aren't bouncing on my bladder anymore.