Thursday, August 21, 2008

Three Months

Makenzie is three months old! Lately she has discovered her hands and how much fun it is to suck on them and drool. It's probably time to bring out those bibs! We are anxiously awaiting the day she finally masters thumb sucking so that we have some relief from the 600 times a day we put the pacifier back in her mouth. Makenzie has also learned to scream. Since it's a new thing, we aren't always sure it's real. It sounds painful but she could also be showing us *more* of her dramatic side. I don't think she likes Old Navy because she screamed for the entire 10 minutes we were there (I'm a fast shopper especially when I know exactly what I'm going for). I could generalize and say she doesn't like shopping altogether but I don't dare make such a hasty assumption since it would be heartbreaking to me. On Wednesday she discovered just how flexible her legs are. There are a few pictures of this in the slideshow on the right. Tonight she put her foot on Dave's mouth and curled her toes around his bottom lip. I'm not sure what that was all about but who needs an explanation when it's something so cute?! For today's photo session, she wore one of my favorite outfits (that she hasn't worn yet because I thought it would be too big) and then found out that it doesn't show much because Makenzie likes to play with the ribbons on the shirt! That's just how it goes, but I'll make sure to sneak some pictures while she's sleeping the next time she wears it. It's so much fun to see her grow and change and for all the screaming episodes (which really aren't many) we have the times when she looks at us to smile and talk, the few real giggle outburts we've heard, the 6-7 hours of uninterrupted sleep we now get each night, and the sleeping, peaceful, angel-baby face we could stare at for hours, to remind us what a treasure we have.