Sunday, September 28, 2008

Cirque du Soleil

Cirque du Soleil here we come!! I've only been to one of their shows and the act that stands out most in my mind is the contortionist.

On Thursday I loaded up Makenzie and took her to watch Dave's first softball game back since his calf injury. We stayed for a little less than one inning because the mosquitoes were so bad and they seemed to be swarming around Makenzie. I felt like less of a pansy for leaving when Sarah and Charlie also left for the same reason (thank you!). Anyway, we got home and I was changing Makenzie into her pajamas. I left the room for something and came back to find her with her feet near her ears. She was as happy as could be! So I took a bunch of pictures and short videos, saved them all to my computer so I could immediately update my blog (which obviously didn't happen) only to go BACK in her room to find her sticking her toes in her mouth. I might have gagged and thought twice about telling everyone about this skill if it weren't so cute since she is a baby and has super clean, soft feet (most of you know I have a thing with feet and dislike most everything that has to do with them unless it involves someone giving me a pedicure).

Here's a video of Makenzie's new trick. She actually has developed quite a few tricks in the past few days. I'll take more pictures and/or videos and post those details soon. Just so you know, she does this best when only in a diaper. I guess she's less flexible in clothes, although she is working on it!