Thursday, October 2, 2008

A Favorite Toy

Makenzie's pacifier is no longer only a tool used to 'pacify' her; it's now one of her favorite toys. Here's how it works. First she just sucks on it. I love this picture by the way, look at those beautiful eyes!! Her eyes are a mix between mine and Dave's; his blues aren't this dark and mine are dark brown.



Since Makenzie has learned what her hands can do, she then grabs onto her pacifier and takes it out of her mouth. Sometimes at this point she cries, luckily this time she was happy on Dave's lap so she could not have cared less whether or not it was in her mouth.



Since hand-control is new to her, Makenzie doesn't have the best aim. So, in her attempt to get the pacifier back into her mouth, this is what usually happens. On rare occasions she will get it back in the right way. Most of the time she will just suck on it like this.



Yesterday I got full-bellied laughs from Makenzie. I just knew if I went to get the video camera, she would stop (because I would have had to move her from the changing table to her crib in order to go to the other room) and it was more important for me to hear it rather than record it.