Dave will not be happy to see that I've posted this picture because he's shirtless but I don't think he reads my blog anyway so he won't ever know. I guess I'll find out if he reads it! A few nights ago Makenzie woke up crying because she had peed a little bit out of her diaper. I think she was more upset that I was going to take off her "nobody puts baby in a corner" pajamas. She screamed the entire time I was undressing her, changing her diaper, and wiping her back to make sure I got all the pee. I decided not to even dress her right away because she was so upset and I needed to feed her anyway so I would dress her later. I laid her on our bed with Dave and immediately she rolled toward him and started nuzzling in and hiding. I'm sure she was whimpering a bit too, and he of course just melted and snuggled with her. I told him that little girls want their daddy when they are upset. Plus he's really warm! I didn't want to think she was hiding from me . . . the clothes & breastfeeding nazi that wanted to get down to business.
Today we went to our church carnival after 5:00 mass. Makenzie loved it. This was only her second time in church. She mostly slept, but woke up after communion and then just sat on my lap looking around at everyone. I think if she were able to turn her head a complete 360 degrees to see everything she would have (but who wouldn't)?! She's either just plain nosy or likes to look everyone over just because she can; either way she gets it from me! She also slept about half the time we spent at the carnival. Whether awake or asleep, everyone we saw that we knew commented on how adorable she is. I didn't have time to take a picture of her today which I regret because I love the dress she wore and I don't think it will fit her for much longer. Guess she will have to wear it again very soon.
Dave says tomorrow is like a holiday; the beginning of football season. I'm just excited for trips to the less-crowded stores, and cleaning & organizing our house while Dave and Makenzie watch football. Hopefully she's a fan.