Sunday, January 25, 2009

Eight Months

I've really been slacking lately. Remember the days when, on the 21st of every month, I would send an email with Makenzie's picture? Sometimes I would even print a sign that read "I'm seven months old today". Here it is the 25th and I haven't sent an email. I did take her picture on the 21st, I just haven't gotten around to sending it out.

I moved Makenzie's duck bathtub out of her bathroom to make room in the shower for my mom and Art since they were spending the night. She had a good time just sitting in her tub in the office, so I decided to take her 8 month picture there. Here's one of them (more in the album link):



The 21st of this month was also our wedding anniversary, so my mom and Art babysat while Dave and I went out. Our date night had been a long time coming and we had a lot of fun! SO much fun that we're going out again on the 31st while Makenzie hangs out with Sarah, Chris, and Charlie.

My mom took pictures of Makenzie in the bath. Another thing I always tell myself I need to do, but haven't yet done. She made cat ears with her hair:


Luckily Makenzie's full belly was big enough to cover her privates so I could post this picture!! I'm sure she will love that I have these pictures to show her future boyfriends.

Makenzie hasn't been around a lot of dogs so I wasn't sure but now am convinced that she LOVES them. On a recent visit with some friends, she let the dog lick her hands (something I won't even let a dog do to me)! She wasn't at all scared and didn't pull away. Once the dog was in the cage she even crawled to the cage and put her hand on it and let him lick her hands more. I think I was just in shock that this was going on that I didn't even get grossed out that a dog had just licked my baby's hands. Thank goodness Barbara was there to wash them off! I think Makenzie would love to have her own puppy. However, it's highly unlikely she will ever have one as long as I am in charge of her, which is for many more years!