Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Park on Madeline Lane

Dave and I were driving around one day and found a street in a neighboring subdivision named Madeline Lane. Saturday afternoon it was so nice outside. It must have been almost 80 degrees and sunny (just one MORE reason to wish you were here if you aren't already) so on our way back from a family outing, we decided to find a park. We spotted a nice, quaint one behind a church and as we made our way to it, realized it was on Madeline Lane! I liked it initially because it had 2 baby swings; this just gave me reason to like it even more. Here are some pictures of Makenzie swinging for the first time. She really liked it! I wanted to gag when she put her mouth on the swing as I imagined all the germy babies that were probably there before her but then I remembered that she DID stick her hand right in her own poop that morning and here SHE was touching the swing for the next baby!! Of course I cleaned her hand off immediately, then put sanitizer on it (I know you're not "supposed" to but it was gross), washed it off 2 more times, then slathered baby lotion on it . . . I don't know why but lotion always makes it seem cleaner.





Makenzie and I slid down the spiral slide. Then Dave helped her get to the top of the climbing wall; a REAL challenge for him since it was probably only 8 feet tall.