This is what Makenzie accomplished while I put away her clean clothes. She really couldn't care less whether or not the diapers stayed in the bag; they just happened to fall out in her attempt to taste every square inch of it. I'm done worrying about who has touched the bag and where their hands have been because I would rather not know. She was sitting up initially but when she really gets into it, she topples over. Guess she can't be bothered with concentrating on this sitting-on-her-own business ALL the time!
And another favorite pasttime . . . chewing on her beloved hairbrush. I've decided this is actually a good sign, perhaps she will LOVE brushing her teeth. That would make me really happy and I'm going to buy her a toothbrush next time I go to the store. She has 2 teeth, shouldn't they be brushed? I let her do this for purely selfish reasons; it's usually the only thing that will keep her occupied enough to sit still so I can get a clip in her hair. Since this baby hair thing is pretty recent, it takes a few tries to get it right!
Makenzie's word of the day (okay her ONLY word) is ma ma ma ma ma ma. I LOVE it. Tonight with both Dave & I, she repeated it when we said it to her. She did this more than once so I don't think it was a fluke. Dave would tell her, "da da da da da" and she just looked at him, smiled and said, "ma ma ma ma ma". This isn't the first time she has said it. She's been saying it for a while (she was recently on a talking hiatus, luckily that's over) but it seems like she just might be realizing who mama is. I'll work on getting it on video.