Makenzie loves to feed herself. I only feed her baby food in the morning with her oatmeal. After that, she is not interested in any food she cannot pick up by herself and put in her mouth. I like the independent behavior, I don't like the mess. Here she is eating a saltine cracker (but without the salt, I buy her unsalted tops because these are one of her favorites and she would eat the entire sleeve if I let her) and an orange. She will eat the orange rind. Makenzie also keeps a food reserve when eating. She will switch up hands but usually it goes like this: she fills her left hand, then eats with her right hand. When she's almost finished with everything (or sometimes in the middle of the meal in which case the cycle starts all over) she opens up her left hand and will eat her reserves.
The Emory Easter Bunny was much more generous than the Lewisville one. One of the things he brought her was bubbles, which were a hit. Here's a picture of Makenzie with her Granny watching the bubbles. They must make bubbles differently than they did when I was young because these were colorful and pretty!
Dave got this shot and I think it's amazing. Totally unintentional; just one of a LOT of pictures taken with the bubbles. Makenzie is showing off her bottom teeth here. She also has 4 on top now, but 2 of those are still just poking through the gums.
Yesterday we went to the Ft. Worth Arts Festival. On our way there, I wanted to stop at a field of bluebonnets I heard about from numerous mothers as a great spot for pictures. We could not believe our eyes when we saw it! The best thing was that it was not on the side of a major highway where most of the bluebonnet patches are, so I didn't have to worry. This is again just one of a LOT of pictures taken in this spot and it's my favorite. I added more to my Picasa web album, link on the right side of this page. This was also day 2 of a new hairstyle for Makenzie. I am so excited to have another option. Makenzie is not a fan of clips or bows in her hair, much to my disappointment, but I know this will pass! As long as I keep her busy, she doesn't notice anything in her hair and all is good.
Today we bought Makenzie a swingset. We bought it second hand from some friends at church. I love that it's not bright, primary colors AND that it's not weathered. Makenzie played on it for a while today. I had to get her a baby swing from Toys R Us to go on it. Here's a video of her sliding. This was about the third time she went down the slide and I chose this video because she was doing a lot of talking and at the end when she slid down, she held on with one hand and I thought it was funny. We'll help her polish up on her sliding skills before the next video!