My sister visited last week. It was so much fun! I only wish her visit was longer OR that she was our neighbor. We spent time in Emory while Sarah was here and this is a picture of Makenzie doing her best imitation of Baby from Dirty Dancing. If you don't immediately know which scene this is, I am forced to borrow one of Andrea's phrases and ask WHAT ARE YOU?!

Makenzie loves animals, and even though I don't, it is fun to see her excitement when she sees one. While Sarah was here and we were spending time with my mom's menagerie of animals, Makenzie said her third word: Kitty! I have video of it and will work on getting it posted next week. Here's a picture of Makenzie and Sarah with some of the animals. Makenzie does excitedly call Jackson (the dog) a kitty, but we'll work on it!
We went to a store the Mennonites in Emory run and my mom bought Makenzie this swing for the porch. I think Makenzie could swing and look at the animals all day.
This is one of my favorite pictures. On this night, Sarah's last night here, we took my mom for her first sushi experience. She liked it (and we knew she would)! Who wouldn't?! When we came home, Makenzie's cousin Charlie was over so he, Dave, and Makenzie were hanging out in the living room. As soon as Makenzie saw Sarah and my mom walk in the door, she screamed and hurried over to them as fast as she could. Her fast was walking alongside the ottomans/fireplace guard for support. Dave had to move out of her way, she was on a mission! It was super cute.
A picture of the girls . . .
. . . and a picture with Charlie. So we've established that it must be the Meyer in Charlie and Makenzie that makes them so loud because when the two of them are in a room, you better watch out! I also like the way both of them have their hands in their mouth in almost the same manner.
Dave and I took Makenzie for a carousel ride at Stonebriar Mall in Frisco. She really liked it! Here we are getting ready for her first go-around (we went twice; first time with Dave, second time without).
Here we are at the end of the second ride. Makenzie didn't want to get off the horse because she (of course) had the prettiest one! We'll be back because that is my favorite mall.
Woohoo!!! I've made it all the way up to today in this post. I recently joined a group at church called Mothers of Young Children. Today was their Easter Egg Hunt/Party. They had it set up great with ages 0-3 hunting first, then 3 and up. Makenzie had a favorite egg; the big yellow one. It was the only one that had loose candy in it that would make noise when she shook it. But really, she was happy with whichever one we put in her hand. As you can see (just like everything else) they went straight to her mouth.
The Easter Bunny also made an appearance! Makenzie was a little unsure of him at first but luckily she sat with him long enough to get a few pictures.
This is one of my new favorite pictures. Makenzie loves riding on Dave's shoulders. Today she had a grip of his right ear lobe but in the past, she holds onto his hair. She always looks at me as if to say, 'what are you doing all the way down there, check ME out'! I'm off to find a frame for this one!
I'll close this post with a video from tonight of Makenzie walking with support from her new(ish) toy. Within the past week she has really taken a liking to doing this although she has had the toy for a while. Hopefully soon she can walk without it!