This picture is from Wednesday. Makenzie's Granddad (my dad) visited this week and his last night here we went to dinner where for the first time, we ordered for Makenzie off the kid's menu. Here's a picture of them snuggling. Please excuse her crazy hair, the pigtails had just come out!
Thursday was Makenzie's birthday and brought with it a fiasco of a day dealing with a very GREEN receptionist at the doctor's office. Thank goodness for an experienced insurance agent! It took 2 separate visits but Makenzie did finally get all three shots and her blood drawn. She weighed (I say that in past tense because since then she has had cake and a cupcake so that could have changed her stats) 19 pounds and measured 29 inches long. Here's Makenzie's 12 month picture. This was taken at the end of the day, so you can see that she did very well with the shots!
Dave came home early and we had birthday cake. In all of our excitement of making sure to get her first bites on video, we completely forgot to take pictures! I'll post video soon.
Also on Thursday, Makenzie's newest cousin was born. Here's a picture of Makenzie and Dave with Chris and birthday buddy John Paul.
Then onto Saturday and the big birthday bash! We had a full house and loved every minute. Makenzie might have napped right through her party if I didn't wake her up. She spent a lot of time outside playing with her friends and cousins but took a small break to come in and visit with John.
We have more video of this day than pictures. I'll post some snippets later. Here's Makenzie with her candle while we all sang Happy Birthday.
Mmmm, cupcake! It seemed like she ate the whole thing until I realized that about one fourth of it was under her high chair and another fourth of it was on her high chair and in her dress. It was not as messy as it probably could have been, which I was happy about.
Chris and Johnny were able to sleep through the not-so-quiet party!
My brother was able to come for Makenzie's birthday weekend. Here's a picture of him swinging with Makenzie. I let him swing briefly, just for the picture, because Makenzie's swingset is not exactly made for grown men! This is not the first time he was in this swing, I caught him once before. I'm pretty sure he did it just to get a rise out of me!
Dave climbed into the fort under the slide. Love this picture. It was such a fun weekend and we can't wait for Makenzie's 2nd birthday party!!