Makenzie has a couple of new favorite pastimes. She likes to close doors. Usually she closes herself in her room or the guest room. I know she's done this when I hear a door slam, wait a few seconds, then hear her cry out "mama" (usually while she bangs on the door).
Makenzie is not allowed to open and play with the contents of the kitchen cabinets. She rarely does it because she's learned, but on occasion she tests me and when caught, will slam the cabinet door shut and say her version of close. I'm beginning to think she only opens the door so she can close it. At least she's done it enough to learn how to say close!
On Tuesday I walked into the kitchen and Makenzie was walking around with a colander on her head. It was very funny, despite the fact that she was obviously playing in the kitchen cabinets while I was in the other room. When Dave came home she did it again and this time we had the video camera handy! Here's a small snippet from a long video segment.
Last night I caught Makenzie putting a pink bucket on her head. Luckily, I'm lazy and hadn't yet put the video camera away from the night before!
She will put a colander and a bucket on her head but she won't wear a hat . . . go figure!