Here is Makenzie in new (to her) slippers! I love them, thank you Melissa! They are a size too large but I still couldn't resist. Makenzie had a little trouble walking in them, but nobody said being prissy wouldn't take some effort!
I made an appointment for Makenzie to have her first haircut on Friday. I was very excited to take her to Sweet & Sassy. I even took this before picture so I could post it with an after picture. I don't have an after picture because once I got to Sweet & Sassy and talked to the stylist, we decided that Makenzie didn't need a haircut. I'll give it another month then take her in for a little trim so that she doesn't walk around with a mullet. I know, I know I *could* do it myself but on that same note, I *could* also cut my own hair, there are just some things better left to the professionals! I have trimmed her bangs, that's as far as the scissors will go unless she's sitting in a salon!
On Saturday we went to a pool party; Makenzie's first! Here are her and I before we left with our new matching Klean Kanteen's from my sister. I thought our swimsuit coverups were a closer match (although not intentional). I have had mine since my honeymoon, Makenzie got hers from the Wilson's for her first birthday . . . close enough!
Makenzie loved the pool. Here she is in the grotto. She didn't even mind the waterfall on her way in.

Makenzie has started walking a lot in the past week. She now walks more than crawls. She's very determined to walk without holding on to anything. She can even regain her balance when she starts falling and more often than not, doesn't even fall all the way to the floor! It's very exciting. I will get out the video camera tomorrow!
Here's a picture we took outside last night. We were hoping to get a picture for Dave's desk. He keeps a frame with both girls' pictures on his desk and his last picture of Makenzie is from when she was 6 months old!
Tonight Dave and I were talking about moving to Alaska. It sounds pretty good considering how hot it has been here lately!