I was in the kitchen tonight and heard Makenzie calling for me from the dining room. I went in to find her standing on top of a box and holding onto the wall. She couldn't figure out how to get down. Looks like we have a little monkey on our hands. Hopefully she didn't break my mom's Southern Living birdfeeder (that's what is in the box). I'm not sure Makenzie's 21 pounds is enough to do much damage.
This is just a random picture I took one day last week. The first time I tried pigtails since her haircut, and they worked. Necklace is courtesy of Razzoo's. She loves it. I like her two little bottom teeth that show (although she actually has three teeth on the bottom).
Uncle Eric came to visit again! We love that his job brings him to us and only wish it could be more often; but we'll take what we can get. Makenzie has recently taken a liking to a little stuffed cow that was actually one of a set of talking animals my Aunt Dorothy gave to Madeline. Makenzie walks around with her cow saying "cow". He will fly to Minnesota with us tomorrow. Makenzie also calls the dog a cow, but she used to call him dog, so we'll work on that after vacation. Maybe some cooler air will clear her head! Here's a picture of Makenzie taking her cow for a ride. Sometimes it's her cow, sometimes my shoe, Dave's shoe, or her ball. Dave had just taken out her pigtails when getting her ready for bed, so her hair is crazy!
I let Makenzie eat breakfast in front of the tv with Uncle Eric. I think they were watching Tigger & Pooh or Mickey Mouse Club.
Then they went for a walk. Eric thought he could go to the door and look out without taking Makenzie outside. HA! She was outside calling Jackson (my mom's dog) and talking to the birds. She loves birds and when she sees them, she points and says "bird".
While watering my flowers recently, one fell off the stem and I put it behind Makenzie's ear and told her to show Daddy. Of course, we gushed about how pretty it was. Now when she sees a flower on the ground (or when she picks one of my flowers) she puts it on top of her head. Here's a picture of her doing that. The flower doesn't always stay on top of her head so this is the best picture I could get of her doing it.