http://picasaweb.google.com/natalie.meyer1/MinnesotaSummer09?feat=directlink
The Saturday after we returned, I ran my first 5K. I really liked it and hope to do more! Here is a picture of Makenzie and I before the race.
We have also had a couple of fun activities with our playgroup. The pictures are all in the Picasa album to the right, but here are a few favorites.
These pictures were taken at a huge church in Irving with play areas and a coffee shop.
Today we went to the Museum of Nature & Science.
Here are Makenzie and Sam playing at the water table. This may have been her favorite and I think she might still be there if she had the choice. We left this section when she started swinging her leg up onto the table to climb in.
Makenzie loved all the farm animals. She calls most all of them cow or rooter (her version of rooster). She wanted so badly to climb in with the pigs and I finally let her, just for the photo op.
I just hope she doesn't try to pick up my mom's chickens like this. I don't think they would be as gentle as this styrofoam version, especially not her rooster!
Not a great picture because nobody is looking at the camera, but the only one I have of all the playgroup buddies in attendance. Cillian, Sam, and Tommy.
To my surprise, Makenzie loved the sand.