Last night when I was too tired to update my blog for Wordless Wednesday, I decided that meant I had to actually include words in this post. I could go on and on because Makenzie does so much these days, but I'll stick to my favorites because I have clam chowder warming up on the stove (my newest craving) and The Young & The Restless is starting! Plus, for Lent, I'm only allowing myself to use the computer while Makenzie is asleep, so I'll type fast.
Last night, we provided a meal for and visited some friends who had a new baby ten days ago. Makenzie took along Elmo and her beloved puppy (who normally stays in her crib). As I opened the car door to get her out, puppy tumbled out and went right down into the drainage ditch in the curb. On a sidenote: this is the same kind of drainage ditch I was always afraid I would fall into when I was a little girl. So perhaps it was a little more traumatic for me than it should have been. I gasped and told Dave, "oh no", then quietly told him what happened because I did not need Makenzie to start crying for puppy (she had not yet noticed he was missing). I just said "shoot" then and told Dave I wanted to cry because it was so sad to see puppy laying down there. When I did finally get Makenzie out of the car, she said, "oh no, shoot, fall". Have I mentioned yet that she repeats *everything* we say?! Daddy gave us yet another reason to bat our eyelashes and say, "our hero" when he got puppy out with a couple of broomsticks.
Makenzie has started counting. Her favorite numbers are six and seven. Sometimes she skips four. I'm not sure why she started with six and seven, but we're working on filling in the blanks!
She also likes to be rocked again. I love to rock her, it's just harder each day that my lap gets smaller and smaller. It started one night when she couldn't sleep and I asked, "do you want Mommy to rock you", then grabbed her blanket and we rocked. Now, when she wants to be rocked, she says, "Mommy rock you" and hands me her blanket. Super cute and irresistible.
I'll post more later with pictures!