Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Cute, Cuter, Cutest

I know the twos are supposed to be terrible. I also know we aren't quite to two yet, so perhaps the terrible part is yet to come. Makenzie definitely has her moments, but so far the twos have been more cute than terrible. She is easily bribed with a promise of treats if she behaves in the store. If I weren't 9 months pregnant, my patience and energy wouldn't need treats; she would have to behave because that's what she's supposed to do. But for now, I will use what works! She will repeat anything we say, which isn't always a good thing (she was saying "silly cow" for 2 days after she heard Dave call a woman that while driving). It could have been a lot worse!

Some of her recent cuteness:

One morning, Makenzie reported to me that in her diaper was tee tee, one toot, a muffin, and a jelly bean.

She refers to macaroni (which she doesn't like . . . this week) as racanoni.

She calls herself Sassy. Her pants are "Sassy's pants", a picture of herself . . . "that's Sassy".

When cleaning anything from the bathtub while she's in it to our armoire or my flowers, proclaims, "I'll be car wash."

Her manners. She will say yes ma'am, though sometimes she knows that's what she should say but her actions don't always go along with it. She's improving. She used to call Dave ma'am, but is finally realizing he's a sir. The cutest? When she toots and says, "excuse you" instead of "excuse me". Because I tell her to say "excuse me", I guess she thinks I need the excusing!

Excitedly says, "that's Uncle Eric" when she sees Dora on her yogurt cup. Equally cute was when she saw a Josh Groban cd and said, "Aunt Sarah".

When I scratch her back while rocking her to sleep and she asks me to scratch her foot, then the other foot, then her belly, then onto the back again where she says "up, down".

When we say prayers before dinner and while we make the sign of the cross, she takes both her hands and taps them on her chest three times. Also, at the end her loud "Amen".

In a very quiet church, starts singing her ABC's, which lead into Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star. I could have cried it was so cute, but I also really wanted her to be quiet.

When wiping her baby doll's bottom, smelling the wipe and gagging.

A new favorite game of closing herself in the pantry (or more recently, hiding her face behind a washcloth) and asking, "where's Sassy?" Only when she says Sassy, it sounds more like Sassaaahhh.

What I'm hoping is a cute little southern drawl in certain words. Because there's nothing cuter than a sweet, little, sassy southern belle.

I could go on and on. I'll close with a video of her playing "where's Sassy". It took a while to get her to do it for the camera because all she wants to do is look at herself on the camera. That's why she quickly does it, then walks to me and says "wook".