Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Privacy Please

I am teaching Makenzie that sometimes we need privacy. I call it privacy when Mommy needs a break and I lock myself in the bathroom to sit on the edge of the bathtub and file my nails or read a magazine. Dave needs privacy when taking a shower because a little girl shouldn't see her dad naked.

Soooo . . . tonight we were watching tv and I heard Makenzie go in her bathroom and close the door. This is rare, it's usually always open. When I went to check on her, she was just getting onto the toilet and said to me, "Mommy, I just need a little fribacy." So I quietly excused myself and closed the door, leaving her to take care of business.

Here are some 9-month pictures of Brinley.

I'm not sure why she kept sticking her tongue out for the picture.


Makenzie and I wanted her to wear a headband. First, Makenzie chose this one:


There it goes . . .


And it's off!


Then we tried the flower.


She's going for it . . .


And it's ALSO off!


Makenzie decided to put a headband on her bedhead, which made for a great 80's punk rock hairdo. And Brinley's still sticking her tongue partway out for the picture! One of my favorite pictures, nonetheless!