I'm tired. The girls and I just spent 2 hours at the pediatrician's office. I scheduled their well visit appointments one after the other because I thought it would be more convenient. Convenient? Maybe. Long? Definitely. It didn't help that we arrived 20 minutes early to complete new patient paperwork. So, two hours in a doctor's office with a tired Brinley and sassy Makenzie make for a long morning. At least if Makenzie hurt Brinley too bad with her constant need to mess with her, we were in the right place to get immediate medical attention.
It was all worth it, though, because I love the office, doctor, and staff! And I won't need to do that again (take them both at the same time) for another year. And by then, Brinley will probably be as big as (or bigger than) Makenzie, so the big-sister-picking-on-little-sister funfest should be over.
On to the stats. Makenzie is 37 inches tall (50th percentile), 28.8 pounds (25th percentile), with a BMI of 20%. BMI is a new measurement, I thought I'd be typing in her head measurement. According to the doctor, average and lean! Makenzie also had her first vision test. I have no idea how that went, she went to another room with the nurse to "play a game" and came back with stickers.
Brinley is 31 inches long (90th percentile), 22.5 pounds (60th percentile), and a head measurement of 47.1 (90th percentile). Hmm . . . sounds like a Little Dave to me; 90th percentile in height and head circumference. According to the doctor, tall and lean!
Poor Brinley was also poked four times today! Once for a hemoglobin test, and then three more shots, all at once; one in each arm and one leg. It's really sad to hear her cry so hard, but at the same time, it's a good feeling for me, because all she wants after that is me, and she holds on like a little tree frog. And for once during the entire 2 hours, Makenzie was still, and very concerned for her baby sister. Sweet, sweet ending when Makenzie needed to kiss Brinley and tell her it was okay.
Everything else was perfectly fine. It seems like they are both speaking well/advanced for their age. At some point, I'm sure Dave will be completely overrun with three fast talking females in his household. He will probably just tune us all out!
Up next, the dentist!