Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Tinkle Tickle

It's always an exciting time when Dave comes home from work each day. The girls are excited to see him and I'm ready for parenting help. Yesterday, it was a big tickle-fest when he got home. Lots of tickling, giggling, and squeals of delight. They ended up outside on the deck and when I walked out there, I asked Dave about the wet spots on his shirt, "I guess it's drool from Brinley", was his reply. We hang out for a bit, then move inside where Makenzie was sitting not-so-ladylike in her dress and I noticed that her underwear looked wet. I asked if she tinkled in them and she said no. I saw the look on Dave's face change and he said, "I wonder if that's what is on my shirt. Maybe she peed on me when I was tickling her." So then I asked Makenzie if that's what happened, and she smiled, nodded, and laughingly said, "and I was tinkling on daddy!"

That's the second time she peed on him, and while it wasn't as funny as the first, it was still funny to me!

Brinley fell down the stairs in the garage, resulting in some scratches to her sweet face.


Trying to put the stem back on her banana.


She felt pretty special holding the whole banana. Until then, she only ate slices out of a bowl, but I was feeling lazy that morning. It doesn't work out that well because she loves bananas and eventually takes a huge bite that she can't even chew because her mouth is so full, that I then have to scrape out of her mouth.


More to come. We're still busy, busy, busy getting settled in. I'll post pictures of the house soon!