Monday, February 2, 2009

Pacifiers

This is how I found Makenzie at the end of her morning nap.



She only needs her pacifier when going to sleep. She will take it if it's available but I'd rather leave them *all FOUR of them* in her crib because out of sight, out of mind definitely applies here. The green ones are the same ones Makenzie has had since the day she was born and I tried to replace them a few weeks ago. She prefers the old, broken in green ones to the new pink ones. Lately when I've put her down to sleep, she will have one in her mouth and I'll put one in each of her hands. It keeps her occupied long enough to fall asleep. She just looks at the two in her hands, probably wondering how to get them in her mouth when there's one in there already. I wonder how much longer this will work!

When I got my new vacuum cleaner Makenzie was afraid of it. This was disappointing because the old vacuum cleaner would put her to sleep. For the record, this was not a good enough reason for me not to keep the new one; I wouldn't trade it for a sleepless baby ten times over! I made the mistake of picking her up one time while I vacuumed in hopes it would make her less afraid of it. Today while on a cleaning spree, every time I started the vacuum no matter what room she was in, within minutes I would have a little monkey climbing my leg. So we vacuumed together!

Makenzie is more vocal every day. She growls. I have that on video and will work on posting it this week. She is a very fast crawler and can pull herself up on anything, even unsteady surfaces, she likes to stand with only one hand holding on for balance. She now recognizes the box of Cheerios and gets excited when she sees it. She squeals with excitement when she sees Elmo or Grover on Sesame Street and I am less excited to be walking around the next few hours singing "la la la la, la la la la, Elmo's world".