While Makenzie and her friends were coloring, Brinley did some coloring of her own . . . on herself, with markers. Three cheers for washable markers!!
We went to a local (to my mom, but close enough) dairy for 'Milkapalooza'. It was so fun and the best thing, it was all free! I parked my car in a cow pasture, and when I inquired about getting stuck, the young farm boys smiled and said, "if you get stuck, we'll pull you out." For the record, Dave wasn't with us and we did not get stuck. We did have to watch where we stepped and when we got out of the car, Makenzie did announce that she smelled cow poop.
The girls' favorite part was the pony rides. They rode twice and could have gone a lot more. This is the last picture I have of Brinley's white sandals. At the beginning of the farm tour, she stepped in a big pool of black mud right as I got close enough to pick her up. Why is mud like a magnet to kids?! Luckily I had an extra pair of shoes in the car and just threw the white ones away. I made her walk all the way back to the car with her mud-caked feet slipping in her sandals.
My little farm girl.
Showing her pride awaiting the boat parade on the 4th.
Sparklers!
A moment like this makes up for all the times my girls don't get along. As I was preparing dinner, this was what I saw out my kitchen window. Makenzie reading to Brinley and some stuffed animals. They were so excited to gather all their favorites and head outside.
I stepped outside to get a clearer picture.
Happy summer!