Makenzie is really into helping lately. She will do almost anything I ask, which is really great when I'm feeling lazy and don't want to go up another flight of stairs for some small task.
Tonight I asked her to go get a specific spray bottle from under her bathroom sink. She was up there for a few minutes, so I went to the bottom of the stairs and asked her to show it to me (so I could make sure she was bringing the right one). She brought me one, nope, not that one. Then half a minute later, brought another one. Nope, not that one either.
Little girls have lots of spray bottles under their sinks, by the way. You've got the plain water, detangler, organic rosemary repel detangler, sparkle body spray, etc. She was looking on the wrong side. So I told her to check the other side.
About this time, Dave came over because he got tired of waiting. I'm not THAT lazy. If I wanted to do it for her, I would have just gone up to get the correct one, which is what he wanted to do. I told him to just wait, that she would get it. I'm learning to make her more independent and she and I both love it!
He had to remind her to focus because he was sure she was up there getting sidetracked by a ponytail holder or something. I probably did something like roll my eyes at him because of course she wouldn't do that.
Finally, she excitedly announced that she found it and came running, "is THIS it?" It was! I asked her to turn off the light and come down. As she was scooting her way down the steps on her bottom (because this is the quickest way down for her), she stopped and told us, "look . . . I sprayed some sparkly spray on my feet!"
And he was right and I got the look that said so.