Makenzie started preschool today. She was excited about it, was very brave, walked right into school, hung up her backpack, washed her hands, and walked right to her classroom. She started getting a little sad when she realized it was time for me to go, but then noticed the sand table and went to play.
I thought I would be sad once I got to the car, but I wasn't. It helped that she wasn't crying when I left; that would have put me over the edge. Brinley was fake crying all the way to the car and then on the way home asked if I would help her find Makenzie. We will both be so happy to see her in 2 hours!
Here is our morning in pictures!
This was her first pose, before I told her to just look straight ahead. She likes tilting her head to the side for pictures lately.
Her answer last week when asked what she wants to be when she grows up was, "Jesus knows what I want to be."
This is the pose I got when I asked her to put her hands to her side and to show me her teeth.
She was ready to erase my writing and draw something of her own.
In front of her school.
Hanging up her backpack.
Her class is called the Green Frogs. When she gets there, she moves her name from one mat to the other.
I miss her already, but I know she's having fun, and I can't wait to hear all about her day!